Tofu Chili in the Crockpot

0 comments
As you may have noticed, I am NOT a bean person (and talk alot about it). Which is why I was never a big chili fan. However, on my quest to start liking beans again (cuz you know...it's healthy), I have forced myself to try a good meaty chili (i.e. Tim Horton's) and actually enjoyed the taste! In light of this, C and I tried a tofu chili yesterday - different from amanda's Barely Vegetarian Chili - which I was quite impressed with! Found here, I had to ommit some of the ingredients as I always try to make things with what I have in my fridge/cabinets/wallet.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large yellow onion
  • 4 large stalks celery
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 2 diced tomatoes
  • 14 oz. can of tomato soup
  • 14 oz. can black beans
  • 1 cake low fat extra-firm tofu
  • half a box of white mushrooms
1. The night before you want to eat this chili, prep your ingredients by cutting up all the vegetables and put them in a bowl. Refrigerate.
2. The next morning before you leave for work/school/whatever it is you do, dump everything in your crockpot (including beans, tofu and tomato soup)
3. Heat on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Enjoy this hearty meal when you get back home!

Enjoy!

-CK
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Tofu Chili in the Crockpot"

Post a Comment