Have parents: will host dinner

3 comments

24 hours to show time: what have I gotten myself into!??!

For the first time since I moved in with M, I'm having my parents for dinner. I mean serving them dinner. Well, the first time that won't include a grocery store-bought crudité platter and a frozen coconut cream pie (but dayam was that a success!). I'm still making my big decisions, but have reduced my options to several recipes with similar ingredients, largely featuring lemons, bell peppers, conchiglie (shell pasta), spinach, parmesan and olive oil. I am desperately seeking an appropriate while-I-make-dinner-appetizer, and am hoping Metro will help me out there. Bread sticks? Simple, classy, lazy. Sigh. It's my mom's birthday and I want to do good because man does she set a good table. See above. It's on, mama.

M's getting creamy lemon angel-hair pasta out of all this indecision, despite having a hockey tournament smack in the middle of dinner. That recipe to come soon if it's a success...I have my suspicious about lemon pasta but this is the second time I've seen it since CK posted the chicken recipe. We shall see.

Wish me luck!
-A




If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

3 Response to Have parents: will host dinner

CK
August 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM

Hey A! This looks like a fairly easy and quick appetizer that could suit your dinner!

http://geniuscook.com/recipe-cheese-roll-spinach-pine-nut/

Geniuscook.com has alot of recipes that seem just fantastic. Check it out! :) Good luck!!

August 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Good luck! I'm sure it will beat the frozen lasagna we usually serve to our guests. ;) Let us blog readers know how it went and what you chose as an appetizer.

August 28, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Thanks! At the end of the day, I happened upon a really delicious bread at the local bakery that I warmed, and served with asiago dip and a roasted red pepper hummus: it was a potato garlic and herb loaf. SO DELICIOUS. I followed that up with a salad that will hit the blog soon!

Post a Comment