Baked Lemon Sole...err..Haddock

2 comments
I had a friend coming over this week and I had to prepare a fast and good supper. I had some frozen fish in the freezer, which I thought was Sole, so I unfroze it in the morning and came back after work to find out it was Haddock. Having no time to look for another recipe, I decided to cook the Haddock using the Baked Lemon Sole recipe I had previously found on cookitsimply.com. It turned out FANTASTIC and took me only half an hour to prep and bake!

Ingredients

- 1 - 1/2 lbs. fish fillets (sole, flounder)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon (6 wedges)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice

Preparation
1. In bottom of shallow baking or broiling pan, spread oil,lemon juice, and pepper.
2. Swish fish around in pan, coating both sides. Sprinkle with parsley.
3. Broil 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until edges are browned.
4. Serve with lemon wedges and sprinkle with salt or additional lemon and pepper.

Note: It takes longer to broil Haddock than Sole. It took me 20 minutes to broil rather than 10-ish minutes. So keep that in mind when cooking.

I served it with the Mediterranean Couscous Salad I previously posted on here.

Enjoy! :)

*image source: http://www.shobdonvillage.co.uk/fish-fresh*
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

2 Response to Baked Lemon Sole...err..Haddock

September 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Wow this sounds so delicious and I LOVE the short list of ingredients! This recipe would likely be great with any white fish.

September 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Sounds yummy. I love Sole and Haddock and find they taste very similar. Thanks for a nice simple recipe.

Post a Comment