A Surprisingly Delicious Vermouth Cocktail

0 comments

Well the holidays have passed us by at last, and I hope yours were super. Mine sure were. The holidays do have a way of tapping out my liquor cabinet (okay...the "desk" that is covered with a "bar" instead of my "work"...whatever) though, leaving my household with strange remnants to mix together in time for our Californication marathons (when you REALLY need a stiff drink). Here's a fun little cocktail I concocted on one such evening with minimal ingredients (read: liquor leftovers...this is probably the first installment in a series of cocktail versions of what to do with the weird food left in your fridge), just in time for Duchovny!

  •  Fill a Tom Collins (or in my case, wine) glass (cause I'm a class act) with ice. (Admittedly, my ice to liquor ratio is a little indulgent in the photograph...it's pretty potent flavorwise  though - especially if you have any hesitation about consuming vermouth as a base liquor...I sure don't ;) - so I think you'll appreciate the  extra ice)
  • Add one part sweet vermouth to 1.5 parts Triple Sec 
  • Fill the glass with Club Soda and a good squirt of lemon juice



Believe it or not, this tastes kind of like Coke, but warms the belly like nobody's business. 



If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "A Surprisingly Delicious Vermouth Cocktail"

Post a Comment