Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta

0 comments
As an attempt to reduce my red meat intake, my kitchen has become a haven of good and nutritious foods. Yes, as a new year resolution, I have decided to try and control my cholesterol before my heart gets the best of me. Because of this newfound love for my health, I somewhat force myself to try things that I used to hate in the hopes that I will now like them, having acquired this new perspective. Canned tomatoes was one of those things. I always found them too mushy for me (as I do love a very hard tomato). So, here's a recipe that is sure to please both vegetarians and carnivores, as well as you canned tomato haters. Truly didn't taste the usual nastiness of it all. And if you're a seafood lover, even better! :) 

Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Note: having no scallops nor small shrimp, I used a very big amount of large shrimps. Also not having red pepper flakes, I simply used black pepper. The canned tomatoes come in when it says: "3 cups of whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped".

Directions


1.In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, pour in the tomatoes. Season with salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2.Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.

3.In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and scallops. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the shrimp turn pink. Add shrimp and scallops to the tomato mixture, and stir in the parsley. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce just begins to bubble. Serve sauce over pasta.

 Serves 8.
 
T'was delish!

Enjoy! :)
 
[source]
 
- CK
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta"

Post a Comment